Have you ever heard of source energy? The law of attraction? Manifest destiny? OK, maybe you have heard of the book The Secret? You may believe it’s all a bunch of garbage but I am a HUGE believer in it. It’s not as out there as you may think. I truly believe that if you want to achieve your goals in 2018, this is where you need to start.
Trust me, I was a skeptic the first time I read The Secret. Thoughts ran through my head like “Really?!” “There’s no way it’s just that easy!” “I’m just supposed to believe and it will happen?” Yep. Not a chance I was going to believe in something that I couldn’t see, feel, touch, taste. I guess I’m a little bit of a scientist in that respect.
But I kept reading books about self confidence and growing a business and being successful. Guess what they all had in common? References to the law of attraction. Seriously. And it finally got to the point where I couldn’t ignore that it was possible. The law of attraction could be real. I read a book called E^2 by Pam Grout. It is written for skeptics out there who need tangible ways to test the law of attraction. After reading it and doing the tests, I am a full fledged believer. I even had the word “Believe” tattooed on my right wrist. Seriously. So I am going to use everything that I have learned from other believers out there to make my 2018 goals a reality.
After reading E^2, you MUST buy You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero on your list. It is my favorite book ever! I have notes written in the margins and sticky notes on plenty of pages. It’s the best! And while it does deal quite a bit with “source energy”, it also has another big part…. Believe in yourself! So here’s a tidbit from that book to help you with your 2018 goals….
(photo via Studio McGee)
Sincero lays out 6 rules to get you where you want to be. These are how interpreted her rules and how I plan to use them to achieve my 2018 goals.
- Ask and it is given – believe in source energy and ask for everything you want. Be specific and believe that it can happen.
- Act as if – fake it until you make it. Believe you are who you want to be.
- Upgrade your environment – make sure your surroundings reflect where you want to go, as much as you possibly can. Declutter, purge, organize, etc.
- Make a vision board – this is my favorite! It is time to daydream and act like you are making a magazine collage, a la kindergarten. But display it where you can see it every day so you stay focused.
- Surround yourself with people who think the way you want to think – look at them as mentors, people who you can learn from and people who see their big ideas come to life.
- Love yourself – it’s as simple as that.
For me, I want to be more organized. Lucky for me, I know lots of other bloggers who are geniuses in this area and I plan to turn to them for advice, put their pictures on my vision board and create the environment needed to be more organized. And if all else fails, I will “act as if” I’m already organized.
If you haven’t read You Are A Badass, or just don’t plan on it, I’m sure you’ve read The Secret. Or at least you have heard of it. Did you know that there are 2 other books by Rhonda Byrne as well? My favorite is The Power. In that book, Byrne discusses the power of gratitude. And if you are grateful for all of the progress you make, the things you have, and the future ahead of you, more goodness will come. I interpret this as being able to achieve your goals because you are grateful for all of the progress you make towards it.
Isn’t that all great advice? So easy and so attainable. I hope it work for you! I’ll be giving it a try and truly believing that anything is possible in 2018. It’s going to be a great year!
Shop the books below (affiliate links used):