Just in case you have been living in a design cave for the last month or so, Pantone’s Color of the Year 2015 is Marsala. It is a lovely reddish, pinkish, terra cotta-ish tone. Whether or not one likes it has been a huge debate. I, for one, love it. It’s a punched up neutral. Nothing boring about it. But if you are struggling with using it in your decor, I have some suggestions.
(image from Pantone)
There are some really great furniture, accents and fabrics out there that make this color an amazing addition to any decor. Take a look at how easily it all goes together.
1. I adore this accent chest. It is the Efrain Cabinet from Joss and Main. The painted detail really makes it pop.
2. The Calantha Mirror also from Joss and Main has an amazing pattern as well. I’m a sucker for painted mirrors so this one is right up my alley.
3. What’s not to love about the French Linen Settee from Wisteria? Honestly, it truly goes with any color, any decor, any room. It’s the perfect all purpose piece.
4. I found these amazing pillows on Etsy by WestEndAccents. The fabric is Travers Andalusia Cut Velvet. (say that 3 times fast!) It is gorgeous in Marsala and adds a richness and depth to any decor. Very sophisticated.
5. The Marsala color evokes a Moroccan feel for me. So what Marsala inspired decor would be complete without a Moroccan lantern? This is the Pierced Moroccan Lantern from Shades of Light.
Do you think you can decorate with Marsala? How would you use the color in your home?